March 03, 2008

The Other Side Of War

An American Flag will be draped over the coffin of a young man,

A brave young solider will be lowered into the ground with grace and dignity,

A 21 gun salute will be given in his honor,

His parents will weep,

His wife will weep,

His daughter of a young age will not understand what is happening,

A flag will be folded with perfection then placed in the arms of his widow,

His family will have an empty chair at Easter,

And our country will have one less warrior standing tall and proud defending her.

4 comments:

Brandie said...

:-(
How sad.

Tamara said...

So incredibly sad. This part sure is less shown...I know I thank each and every man/woman in uniform if I get anywhere near them...it's the only thing I know I can do on an almost daily basis.

heidi @ ggip said...

There has been some news stories here about a very young local soldier who passed away. It is all very sad.

Anonymous said...

This is sad, but so true. The words you write remind us of how things really are during wartime.