Hair Bows
I love hair bows! I think they are adorable and a must have for all little girls. Hubby agrees but has a hard time with me spending $8 and up for just one hair bow. I decided that it was high time I learn how to make my own, and I have and it has been GREAT! I googled making hair bows and found this website. Praise the Lord for these lovely ladies because they have saved me lots and lots of money. I drove to my local Hobby Lobby and spent $20.00 on fabric and clips, and here are my results so far.
I still have tons of ribbon to use up, but the price difference has been fantastic and my hubby has given me the green light to go back and buy more ribbon if I would like. Next time hopefully the ribbon will be on sale or I can print a 40% off coupon online (this week was for Wilton products). If you have girls I encourage you to go to this website and learn to make them yourself. I have no creative gene in my body, but I can twist, tie, sew, and use a glue gun.
Once you are done making your bows they even give you ideas on how to make bow holders. I made the girls one like this and I am going to make one like this for a friends daughter.



This bow came courtesy of Crate and Barrel, I just cut it down to make it more reasonable for a four year olds head.

3 comments:
I have seen so many etsy shops with these hair bows and I wondered how on earth they could charge what they do. Good for you for taking the initiative to try doing it yourself! They are really cute so far.
You are doing so well!! They all look great! I'm sure the girls are going to be thrilled to wear all of them!
Oh how cute. I may have to check it out. Not that I have time to add something else to my 'to do' list. :)
Post a Comment