Cookie Swap
Have you ever done one? They are so much fun, and I think they should be done year round! For those not in the "no", it is where each women brings 3-4 dozen cookies as well as copies of her recipes to share and each person brings ziploc or a platter for the cookies they are going to take home with them. Then at some point in the evening you divy up the goods, and each person leaves with a great selection of cookies.
A few weeks ago I got the bright idea to cram one more thing into this months busy schedule for everyone and sent the email out without any idea as to how many would show. It was a new concept to a few but most were game. There was such a wide variety of cookies (some I had NEVER heard of), and each of us enjoyed the fellowship of each other as well as a few moments to breath during this season.
One of the lovely ladies made homemade pumpkin soup, and though it may sound disgusting it was FANTASTIC!!! I am going to try to get the recipe from her and maybe I will share it with you too.
If you get a chance to do one of these go for it, it doesn't take much work and the reward of fellowship is far greater!

2 comments:
I did a cookie swap at work once. It was fun, but most people made chocolate chip cookies...
I TRIED to get a group of women to do one, but they were much affronted that they had to make dozens of cookies. I tried to explain how one cookie recipe makes several dozen and that they would get a variety in return, but they just didn't get it!
I was at one last week - or maybe two weeks ago - but anyway, yes, they are very fun and we had a decent variety of cookies! =)
Glad you had one and enjoyed it so much!
Post a Comment