November 28, 2007

A key that doesn't turn

While the Happy Home was at it's first truck stop getting a flat tire repaired, I thought it would be a great idea to make a copy of our house key, so we did.

Last night the girls and I were going to go visit our neighbor with whom we had scheduled a meeting so she could help me work on a project. We left the house with the new key in hand.

They weren't home, so we returned home. Turns out you should try the new key before you actually lock the door! I was blessed to have my cell phone and they had gone for a walk and would be back shortly.

It is with God's wisdom that I luckily grabbed a blanket for baby especially since she was just wearing a onesie. While waiting I had to call hubby and ask him how late he had planned to be at work (it was already 7:25), when he learned our predicament he said he was on his way. About 20 minutes later they returned home, and we all got to get cozy in their warm house. We finished what needed to get done, while Claire got cozy on their couch watching Charlie Browns Christmas. Hubby finally arrived to rescue us, and of course giggled at me all the while.

Since this isn't the first time, I highly doubt it will be the last. All I can say is I an fortunate that I haven't left my kids anywhere.

We are so blessed to have great neighbors who just laugh with me when I am clueless!

I am planning on going to Home Depot and making a copy and then I will test it this time!!!

I have also decided to give this it's own label since it seems to be a recurring theme.

1 comment:

heidi @ ggip said...

Oh dear. We have trouble with some of our keys sometimes too. Especially if it is a copy of a copy.