Almost Emergency
Today was Claires Fall Party at school, when I got there the teachers glanced at each other with this look like "oh no she is here". They pulled me aside and informed me that Claire had gotten her finger stuck in a screw (Little Tikes wood shop) today while playing.
Apparently they called the KDO director and she tried to remove it, then they called the children's pastor (who my daughter informed me was NOT in his office), they were getting ready to call me to take her to the er when it finally came off.
They were shocked that I was calm, apparently most parents fly off the handle over things like this. I told them after her sticking her something in an outlet when I was about 8 1/2 months pregnant nothing freaks me out.
On the bright side her friends watched in horror and she taught them an important lesson!
God always watches over his flock!

2 comments:
I'm glad she's okay. That seems like a weird toy to get stuck in.
My mother in law once got a call from school about my husband when he was a kid. Their first words were "We've stopped the bleeding!!"
I once had a mother bring her younger child to a birthday party at our house. That was absolutely fine, but I let her know that the kids' room was VERY not baby proof at all, assuming she would either keep him out or keep an eye on him if he was in there (everyone was ALL over the house).
Well, he ended up in there with only some other kids. He pulled the plastic basketball goal down on top of him. He got a cut on his head.
And yes, you would have thought he was dying by the way his mom reacted. It was his first bleeding cut. She let me know that over, and over and over.
So, yeah, some moms really freak out!
Post a Comment