Children Donors
I have done extensive research lately on transplants, as I want to know as much as I can regarding the journey our family is about to take.
I came across these statistics while researching, and while the numbers aren't as high as they are for adults, they are high to me.
As parents we expect to outlive our children, but sometimes God has other plans for us. In our household hubby and I have talked about what we want should either of us be called home, but this made us talk and think about what we want if God called one of our children home.
According to the latest statistics from The United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS), 849 children were waiting for a liver transplant in the United States on July 15, 2005, including:
408 in the newborn to 5 years age group.
181 in the 6 to 10 years age group.
260 in the 11 to 17 years age group.
247 children were waiting for a heart transplant in the United States on June 1, 2007 including:
28 in the under 1 year age group
78 in the 1 to 5 years age group
63 in the 6 to 10 years age group
78 in the 11 to 17 years age group
764 children were waiting for a kidney transplant in the United States on June 1, 2007 including:
1 in the under 1 year age group
124 in the 1 to 5 years age group
155 in the 6 to 10 years age group
484 in the 11 to 17 years age group

No comments:
Post a Comment