October 03, 2007

Bloggity World Questions

I LOVE the fact that today is Works for Me Wednesday Backwards Day! I am not the brightest when it comes to this blogging thing, as I do good just posting, so today I am throwing everything out there and sheepishly asking how to do two things that I am sure EVERYONE else knows how to do:
1) How do you type a word and then make it looked crossed out?
2) How do you reply to peoples comments without having to go directly to their site and leaving one on their site?

I know, shock and awe....no one can believe I don't know how to do this....but thanks for your help!!!!

What works for you?

11 comments:

Cindee said...

To create a strikeout I just edit my HTML. I add a < s > before the word(s) and a < / s > after it.

I had to put spaces between each element just now else blogger read what I was doing as actual code! I need to learn how to write code so it's not interpreted as such!

Confused yet?

To reply to comments directly I usually go to the commenters profile and if they have an email link, I click on that. Otherwise I don't know how to contact them directly.

Veggiemomof2 said...

I don't think there is a way to comment without going to their blog.

Hillary (Mrs. Einstein) said...

Great questions! I was wondering about those, too!

heidi @ ggip said...

I didn't know how to do the strikethrough thing either.

I think the only way you can reply to a comment on blogger is if the person set up their account to "show email address"

Then from your email, (like in my comment) it should show my return address so you can email me.

That is fun for extra private things, but I find that people still really appreciate your visiting their blogs and leaving a comment.

Have fun!

Heather said...

Do your comments get sent to your email? (That's easy to do). When I did that, I could email back those people directly.

Anonymous said...

First, get thee to Blogging Basics 101. I've answered both of these questions there.

As for commenting and responding, the quick answer is to use Haloscan for Blogger blogs.

Cindee said...

To create a strikeout add a <s> before the word (in the HTML) and a </s> after it. Woo-hoo! I just learned how to write code without Blogger interpreting it over at Life In A Shoe. The information is in the comments.

Cynthia said...

I was wondering the strikeout myself...I'll try it.

Kara said...

I, myself feel totally lost with most of these things to I actually just picked up Blogging for Dummies at the bookstore. And I acutally had just read about strike outs. I'm hoping it will help answer many of my questions:)

Marcia Francois said...

Thanks for asking that question - I thought it was so complicated so I didn't ever bother to find out!

:)

Organising queen and
Marcia's take charge blog

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I often leave a comment back on the same post to everyone who comments. I know it requires the comment leavers to check back on my blog, but once you know that I do that, I find people do return.