Is Anyone Home?
We don't own an answering machine, and we haven't for about 21 months now. It was the fact taht we never enjoyed having company over, the phone ringing, the answering machine picking up, and it being Aunt Mildrid informing me of a new growth with hair on it, found in an unmentionable spot. Secretely I would shoot looks to my hubby across the room as I would turn beat red, hoping no one would heard her message. Okay, maybe we are the only people that have ever had this problem. In the long run we voted on call notes, which was quite reasonably priced thru our phone company.
Now we have a new problem, we don't listen to our messages. People, we seriously don't. Friday before I went out of town, I got tired of the flashing red light on the phone and decided to check my messages (usually hubby does it because I can never remember the stinking code/password whatever), we had 24 messages in an 8 day time span. Most of them were my mother who is the queen of calling the house, then my cell, then my house again because since I stay at home I should be sitting there waiting for her to call to inform me of the latest greatest gadget she has gotten.
Then there were the usual suspects, friends who have moved away making sure I am alive because apparently they called the last few weeks and hubby forgot to mention it to me (I PROMISE MICHELLE I WILL CALL YOU THIS WEEK), neighbors calling to see if I had random things in the house for them to borrow. The best was my dear friend who moved to Washington who said this to my call notes "It's me, I know I wont be heard or listened too, I hope I never need something or have an emergency because you people will never know, I'm not even sure why I am even leaving you a message, in fact I am changing my mind about leaving you a message"...........click.
So for those of you that have my number.......sorry! I am actually thinking maybe we should do away with our call notes too, since we aren't very responsible phone owners.

1 comment:
Hello! I'm still getting around to visiting those who visited me at Scamp's Place for the Dog Days of Summer Giveaways.
Great post! I've never heard of call notes. I'm pretty good about returning left messages on my answering machine, but don't leave a message on my cell cuz I hardly ever check those. Or I think I know who called and why, so I don't check and there ends up being 10 messages in addition.
Post a Comment