September 24, 2007

Bridal Shower



We were out of town again all weekend, and the girls and I got to go to Auntie M's Bridal Luncheon. I have to say that was the best time I have had in a LONG time!


We arrived at the churches Fellowship Hall, and once we opened the glass doors, the most wonderful aroma filled the air, immediately Claire said "oh goody we get to eat". And eat we did, they had a delicious spread, and some fabulous punch, in fact if it wouldn't have been considered tacky/rude I would have carried the punch bowl to my table and just kept it there. I am normally not a white cake fan, (so much so that at my wedding I had a chocolate with white icing brides cake), but this white cake was delicious!

The hostesses had everything decorated in a lovely fall theme (her wedding will be held on the 17th of November), and the decor was just perfect. I got to see several people I haven't seen in years, as well as meeting several new people. Claire kept informing people that she "was the flower girl" . It was so much fun watching her open all of her lovely gifts that she will use to start their new home with.

Towards the end of the luncheon Uncle D came and he was instantly bombarded by women, but he took it graciously with a smile on his face. She is marrying a GREAT man you can tell (especially if he will put up with her )!!


In true Auntie M fashion, she presented Claire with several packages of stick-on earings, princess jewlery, and princess hair bows, she was thrilled. We went out to eat that night with family and all of us had stick-on earings on our ears.

3 comments:

heidi @ ggip said...

What a lovely fall bridal shower theme!

Hockman Family said...

This looked very fall-ish! I have to say that the colors of fall...are some of my most favorite colors! Very nice!

Morgan said...

I had such a wonderful time! It was an amazing day and it was so great to see you and the girls. Thank you so much for making that trip and for everything! That home-made recipe book is so touching and I love it! Darren and I can't wait to try all of them! Thanks again! :)