August 21, 2007

Hodge Podge

Praise the Lord that Texas will be missing out on Dean!! Until we knew for certain though my dear hubby humored me by allowing me to buy several gallons of water as well as canned goods (all of which we will use anyways).

Saturday evening we thought it would be fun to rent a movie (HEB offers rental for $1 + tax a day), Sunday when we went to return it, the movie was NOWHERE to be found. We both got quite aggitated with the other because neither of us know what we did with it. Both of us are highly O.C.D. and this is a rare occasion in our house. After several hours of searching we think it might have ended up in the bags of books that we donated to the church that morning. The library is run by volunteers so calling the church and asking them, isn't that easy. They will be open tomorrow evening so the girls and I will make a trip up there to inquire! How silly are we?!

We have been busy getting ready for fall, I have gotten her new pre-school curriculum, and have been outlining the plan, and setting up our new daily schedule. We are getting back into the swing of our fall schedule, with Ladies Bible Study, gymnastics, and Awana's (this will be our first year), and doing school work at home of course. I love the fall, I love being back into a more strict schedule I feel like I can function better on a schedule.

Yesterday we went to our first scheduled playgroup meeting since having the baby....it was an fretful day to say the least. The people who welcomed us into their home had a pool installed over the summer and her husband has been busy building a deck as well as a fence around the pool, but has yet to complete it. One of the girls stepped off the side of the deck and fell 4 1/2 feet! She went into shock and had a seizure, it was one of the most freightening things I have ever experienced. Her mother is a very calm person and she was a hero in my eyes because she remained calm the entire time! Myself and another mom gathered the remaining 13 children up and occupied them inside, but each child had witnessed this and you know how 3 year olds can be, some were scarred, some were questioning it, and some didn't seem to think anything of it. 12 heros showed up to work on her, and she is fine. They felt she just had the wind knocked out of her which caused her to go into shock and have a seizuer (both parents have a history of seizuers). I spoke with her mother briefly this morning and she is still doing well, just embarrassed by all of the attention she received.

We also braved the mall on Friday....there was NO-ONE there; we got front row parking even. I was amazed by this fact considering it was tax-free weekend, but I guess many were detoured by the rain here. I wasn't on a big shopping hunt, Stride Rite for shoes, and Carters to see about some good deals for baby. We left spending VERY LITTLE but we got one pair of pink sneakers, and some matching outfits for the fall for the girls!

No comments: