Update
I haven't been the best in the last week updating on our household (the family is getting antsy with no updates) so here goes:
Baby: Loves to smile more than ever and started cooing about a week ago. She is making more defined sounds now, and the other one swears she is talking (which I guess she is, just in baby talk). We have removed her bumper pads from her bed because she is wayyyy to much of a wiggle worm. She is LONGGGG but not very wide so she is wearing 3 month clothes that are hard to snap, BUT they are really baggy on her.
Claire: She went to her first Church Choir last night as well as Cubbies (Awana's). It was a bit chaotic as several families didn't register early so they weren't sure how many to expect. She loved it, but informed me that she was disappointed that they didn't give her a microphone. Tonight we are going to "open house" at church where she will meet her pre-school teacher, and she starts next week! She is only going to be going one day a week, but she is really jazzed about it. Last night after church we went to Target and she picked out her new lunch kit (that was a good 20 minute ordeal), we get a supply list tonight and then she should be good to go.
Hubby: Oh how I wish the construction/housing market would change! The market is still hot here in Texas but things have slowed down DRASTICALLY because the banks aren't giving out as many mortgages as they were and they have tightend their reins. Therefore, most of his custom-builders have several "sitting" homes while the potential buy is scrambling for their $ down, so they aren't continuing to build new homes. He started carrying installed insallation (probably spelled wrong), and that is going really well, because people building new homes as well as people with older homes need insallation. That is a huge relief!
Me: I have 6 lbs to go and I will be at pre-baby weight (not bad for really only running almost 7 weeks). I have a little over 3 weeks to go before I have a bridal shower that we are going to, so I hope I can make it. Last night I got suckered into teaching Awanas every other week (because the other mom has other commitments). I really wanted to take some time off because at our old church I was wayyyyy to over commited and it took a toll on me, my daughter, my hubby, and I just have to be careful to not say yes to everything again. I will teaching in Claire's class, so I pray that it will go well (please pray for this as well).
I think that about covers it all as well as all of us!

2 comments:
Congrats on the weight loss! I need some of your motivation. I still have 10 pounds to go from son #1 and he's 5 1/2 ;)
Great job on the running! I feel your pain regarding the housing market. Husband is a loan officer for a builder, and while his business has not gone down drastically, it has still been affected. I'll pray for your family.
Post a Comment