Favorite Ingredient Friday (Almost Nutri-Grain Bars)
This recipe is taken from Miserly Meals by Jonni McCoy (love this book!!)
Almost Nutri-Grain Bars
Makes 15 bars
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients:
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 apple juice
10 oz. jam (apricot, blackberry, blueberry, raspberry, strawberry or apple butter)
1 tablespoon water
Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Add the oil, egg, vanilla, and apple juice, and mix with a spoon or a mixer. Press 2/3 of the mix evenly into a greased 8 x 12 pan. Mix the jam with the water, and spread evenly over the mix. Crumble the remaining oat mixture over the top, and bake at 325 for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Before cutting, cool completely.
Cost per serving (1 bar) $.13
Visit Overwhelmed with Joy for more Favorite Ingredient Friday Recipes

9 comments:
Funny I was just thinking today that I wish I had a recipe to make nutrigrain bars. Low and behold. The power of positive thinking. Thanks!
These sounds really good. Thanks so much!
Yummy!
I wanted to thank you for participating in the DD of S giveaway.
I'm doing another giveaway if you are interested.
I am going to try these. They sound wonderful!!
I doubt they last very long, bet they get eaten quickly. Sounds great.
We're definitely going to making these! Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.
I like the idea of making my own snack bars for my daughter. Thanks!
Okay, I'm totally going to try this! I like nutri-grain bars and I like the idea of trying to make my own. :)
Thanks so much for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.
I hope to see you again next Friday!
OMG! I want to make these RIGHT NOW! My kids love nutri-grain bars, but 1)they are pricey and 2) I hate feeding them all the extra crud that comes in them!
Thank you thank you thank you for sharing this! LOL!
Do I sound too excited?! LOL!
Post a Comment