July 25, 2007

Ping

I went out to run in the rain (well drizzle) again and this is what I found wandering around the yard, then the neighbors yard.....



A chase pursued......but I won! I told hubby I was going to return him to the pond and he insisted that we keep him. I guess we will keep him just until he is big enough to survive on his own, then we will return him to his home. Hubby researched what he needs and our neighbor is a vet and she said to give him water logged puppy food as well as corn meal. He is swimming in the baby pool. Will post new pictures tomorrow.

The best part was when I came home to show hubby and Claire and I walked into Claire's room and her face was so shocked! After the shock wore off she thought it was cool and had fun watching him get settled in the yard.

We named him Ping because he looks like Ping from the book Ping (a great story if you haven't read it before).





3 comments:

Lauren said...

How cool!

Thanks for entering my bracelet drawing!

Jennifer said...

Cute! We have ducks down at the neighborhood pond, but only ever see rabbits (or mice) running around in the yards. :-)

Have fun with the little guy.

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, he's adorable! :)

I had to laugh at your comment on my FIF post. To be honest, I wasn't paying attention either because it wasn't until another blogger mentioned something about posting her "appetizer" recipe that I realized what I had done. :)