Ping Update (UPDATED AGAIN*****)
AN EVIL, EVIL DOG snapped Ping's neck this morning.
Last night hubby went thru the yard closing up all the "gaps" along the fence, but apparently the EVIL dog found the one hole not covered in the backyard. I never heard any ruckus so I am guessing/hoping/praying he went quickly.
I found him lifeless in the yard...the EVIL dog wasn't even man/woman enough to carry him off, just killed him in a violent, senseless crime.
EVIL dog came, conquered, and left....EVIL dog!!!
I collapsed into a giant puddle of tears, my daughter who was watching from the back door, was calm and collective (she inherits this trait from her father and her grandfather definetely not from myself nor my mother), and informed me that "Ping was in Heaven with Jesus and quacking at him"......more tears from me.
All the blinds at the back of our house are closed and will remain that way until my hubby the hero comes home this evening.
For now I am on the hunt for said EVIL dog, and when I find him, he is gonna get a piece of my mind!
*****Per the request of our daughter daddy brought home a nail box, and she picked some of my roses (she told us so the duckie could smell them) and we had a small service for the Ping. Since it is illegal to bury an animal in your own private yard per the laws of the State of Texas, we had to dispose of him in another way. We are probably the only people that have funerals for an animal that we owned less than 16 hours, but it made our daughter happy.******

4 comments:
Oh I am so sorry for Ping and your family. That would have been me to weeping. When I was a little girl we always got ducks for easter. :)
Thanks for coming by my blog and entering the brusters ice cream contest. I will stop back again sometime.
Nikki
Awww. I am sorry. That is so sad. I too hope it was qucik and painless.
Hugs!
oh, no! That is SO sad...I would have cried buckets. What a sweet little girl, though!
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Ping. That's a horrible EVIL dog! I don't blame you for having a funeral for Ping. I would've!
Post a Comment