Our weekend
Saturday, daddy had to work so we went with our neighbor for our first trip to Sea World this season. The weather was BEAUTIFUL (it barely hit 80 degrees) and there were so many people there, I guess everyone decided it was a nice day to go. It took us 30-45 minutes just to get to the gate to park, we only saw one show, let the girls play in the kiddie area for a while then we just wandered around the rest of the time. They have lots of new features this year so we were checking it all out. I definetely did not over do it, because it wasn't hot and there wasn't too much walking involved.
This is a new ride that they offer, they take the kids up and drop them, back up, drop, back up, etc. We thought the girls might wig out, but they LOVED it and wanted to go again, but it made my poor neighbor sick!
__________________________________________________________________
Yesterday we went and toured the hospital we will be delivering in. Our first we delivered at Herman Memorial of The Woodlands, and we LOVED everything about our hospital, the staff, and my doctor (my doctor at the time was the head OBGYN of the entire area so I trusted him and his thoughts). That hospital was set up to where you labored, delivered and recovered in ONE room, it was so nice to know you would be stationary the entire time, and that people could always find you.......
It is much different here, they have the nice pretty labor/delivery rooms but they only let you stay there until one hour after you deliver....then you are off to recover in another wing. They only allow one person in with you while you L&D and no siblings are allowed until after the baby has been cleaned up and you have been moved. They don't allow pictures or video recordings during the process (we recorded our whole c-section with Claire), but pictures are allowed once it is all over. There were several other things that we are uncomfortable with but I don't even want to type them. The thing that amazes us the most though is that this hospital just spent MILLIONS of dollars re-doing the Maternity ward yet they ended up with this. I am ready to hop in the car and go for a LONG drive back to The Woodlands so I can have this one there again.....with my luck I wouldn't make it there though and this baby would be born on the side of the road!

No comments:
Post a Comment