Our Day.....
Today was my parenting workshop with my play group again......some interesting things learned today:
Interesting Fact #1: When doing a study on a male and a female of the same age, same background, same ethnicity, same religion, same education, etc. same everything....they ran them thru an MRI to track their brain patterns, they were allowed to fall asleep even during the MRI. What did they learn? That when a male is asleep one part of his brain goes gray, and that the females brain was as active as a males was solving a difficult math problem.
Interesting Fact #2: A female while she is pregnant produces 21,000 brain cells for the baby every minute, so that by the time the baby is born, it is born with 100 billion cells...getting even more at 6 weeks. No wonder pregnant women are so exhausted!!!!
Intersting Fact #3: An average babies brain weighs 1 lb at birth, 2 lbs at 2 year, and 3 lbs as an adult
Interesting Fact #4: After MANY MANY studies they concluded that men hear other men better than they hear women............
________________________________________________________________
After class we rushed home ate lunch, brushed Claire's teeth and we were off to her first dentist appointment (3 1/2 months later than her third birthday but hey we went!!)
She was very excited about going and was even more excited about the paper bib that she was going to get to wear (she went with me last month for my cleaning). The dental hygenist went over our questionaire and Claire kept asking if she could lay down on the chair, so finally I gave in and let her. Then the doctor came around.....it could have been MUCH worse but she did very well and I am very proud of her. I have to say my neighbor had me watch her baby last month while she took L for her first visit.....I know now why she did that, and I will be asking/begging someone to watch the new little one when we go for her next visit, because I can't imagine trying to remain calm and talk to Clairewith a little one probably screaming it's head off!
She got a FABULOUS report from the dentist, who told me he could tell she doesn't drink and eat many sugary drinks (as they are seeing more children at her age with decaying teeth and gums from all of the crap they are putting into their bodies), and that she had no build-up on any of her teeth so she/we must be doing a great job of brushing! I was thrilled to hear this because we do let her brush her teeth and sometimes we worry how well she is doing so once in a while we help her....so we are jazzed about that. They did tell me though that once the children reach 4 they go back by themselves (unless they are uncontrolable), that thought scares J and I. She has never gone to any type of doctor by herself let alone a doctor that is going to pry into her mouth and use all kinds of contraptions...but they are the pros not I!
When he was done she got to pick out a toy, and what toy did my little princess pick out?? A race car!! It was so hilarious, she has been playing with it ever since we came home....she cracks me up!!

1 comment:
I love the fact that men hear men better. It really explains allot!
Have you two picked out a name yet?
~Becky~
Post a Comment