October 03, 2006

Day Two.....

See Day one use numbers 1-5....
6) I get up
7) Claire gets up
8) Decide this is probably never going to happen but maybe it can in the evenings if I run with our neighbor who is in the Army.....only because I wont be allowed to stop. We have a meeting tonight and after our meeting I am going to run then.....Stay tuned.



Tonight is our "intial meeting" on becoming foster/adoptive parents. Please pray for us while we are in attendance. About 14 months ago I really felt the Lord was calling us down this path but hubby said "NO", after all his career was still new we had only been married a short time and we had a small child. I dropped it but I didn't stop praying! I have prayed every day for this and knew that the Lord was working on his heart. We both agreed we would love to adopt one day from another country (either China or Kaz we thought) and J really would like to have adopted siblings. Last week I called him at work and asked him again "honey will you please pray about this", he laughed and he said okay I get it God is telling me too. He had a dream the night before that he had to buy me a 15 passenger van because we had so many children (which is halarious because we always thought we would have 2 maybe 3 MAX). And now both of us feel we are more than happy to welcome a whole gaggle of children into our home, God is so amazing! He can move mountains and I can barely move the mountain of laundry. I cried and cried and cried. He came home that night and we signed up for a class at the end of the month and the next day we got a phone call that there was one next week (Tonight) so we said okay! We are more than happy to do sibilings and what amazed us is they ask you in advance are you willing to do minority groups?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Who is not? Are there really people in this world who say no? Probably, and for those people I will pray. For those of you who know us know our lives are in a state right now with me stopping my babysitting (still pray about this) and just with life, but none of that matters because we are so excited about this new adventure we are going to go on. We know the Lord's hand is in this and we know when the Lord is there many blessings will soon follow. We will let everyone know how it went.

Thank you now for your prayers and continued support!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, we are so happy for you and I know the Lord is going to bless you abundently in the minutes, days, weeks, months, and years to come. K is so blessed to have been born into your home and one day she will carry on your legacy.

Bridgette

owlhaven said...

how exciting!!

Best wishes!!

Mary, mom to many

nicole said...

I started a running program this week. I'm just shooting to run a 5k though. It is hard to get up in the morning when everyone else is asleep, but oh so worth it. Good luck!