March 13, 2008

One persons trash


is another persons treasure! Last week as I was leaving to take Claire to class I saw one of our neighbors had a Little Tikes house in pieces out by the road the day before trash day. I immediately called hubby and he said he would check things out on his way home, it turns out they really didn't want it, so he loaded it up into his truck and brought it home. He refused to take it to the back yard until he knew all the pieces were there and that it wasn't a disheveled mess. It went together easily, the phone is missing and the "stove" has some wear on it, but other than that it was all there. I seriously think these people threw it away because it was "dirty" and indeed it is dirty but elbow grease has fixed all of that. You can buy the parts for it, but I don't really think that it is necessary, neither does Claire apparently because she hasn't mention it.

Anyone else find a great find?

5 comments:

Tamara said...

I dumpster dove and have the cutest little 3 drawer "end table" for Oldest Girl's bedroom! :)

heidi @ ggip said...

That's awesome! My friend picked up a perfectly good Cozy Coupe for my son a couple years ago. Great for me because I have to keep toys like that outside anyhow, so the faded color didn't bother me at all.

Morgan said...

That's awesome! Way to go! :)

Sue said...

What a great find. We have a one of those rubbermaid "sheds" that was someone's trash. It's great to have a place outside for all their toys. The girls actually think it's their club house. :)

Tina said...

We've gotten the BEST stuff by being observant! Those things are NOT cheap! Way to go!