February 06, 2008

A Work In Progress

My island got put on the back burner with everyone being ill, but I have included pictures of it in process, hubbies goal is to have it finished by this coming weekend.

This is the island that I had shown my neighbors.


The island was getting puddied. Don't you love the style my husband is pulling with flip flops and socks? Nice eh?

Priming

Instead of tile I opted for river stones so they had to get a bath first.

The yardstick is to ensure that no stone stands up too tall, if they do they get ditched.

5 comments:

Tamara said...

HOW AWESOME! I Love it!

Hey, about the milk supply (I know, I am WAY behind...) look into "More Milk Plus". It is a suppliment that helped me a ton when I was nursing the twins!

Sue said...

That looks like it's going to be so beautiful! I'd love an island but then I'd have no room to walk in my kitchen. :)

nicole said...

That looks great! I can't wait for the finished product.

heidi @ ggip said...

I will be very interested to see how it turns out. The river rock will really make it stand out.

Morgan said...

Ok, so you know me...I scroll through the pictures and I didn't even notice the island for the flip flop and socks incident. :) J and D need to get together, and they could build us all kinds of things!! :) It looks great...I can't wait to see it all finished!!