Untilted
I have managed to survive this, and I confess that next year I will be getting a flu shot. Last year I didn't get one because I was in my first trimester and this year we decided since baby couldn't get one none of us would, next year we all are! Claire Friday started running a really high fever and became extremely fussy almost immediately as well as having other "issues", our neighbor who is an or nurse said it sounded like a bladder infection so we should take her in. Hubs took her to this FANTASTIC pediatricians office that is only open the evenings and the holidays, they ran her test and said it came back fine but that it didn't look fine, so they proceeded to run more test on her. The result? Viral! Oh well go figure, at least we took her and we wont regret it.
My husband has been fantastic all week in helping me out with the kids as soon as he gets home, and I confess I LOVE that he is home at a normal hour as opposed to an insane hour because now I actually have help. My highlight for my week was Thursday. I was laying down and hubs had just sat the girls around the table to eat, he placed Claires plate in front of her, and she asked him "Is this from a box?" My heart lept for joy that she was distraught that it was from a box, and she knew her momma worked hard. Some women get really bent out of shape when their hubbies try to help them and things aren't the way they would do it, but I truthfully didn't care that they ate hot dogs and mac and cheese (from a box) three nights in a row, they were fed and happy!
On other news I am trying to rebuild up my milk supply because I haven't had the desire to eat all week and I am suffering now. I refuse to give up just yet. The same neighbor suggested a vitamin supplement that she took when her baby was born and she said it is recommended by LL, so it is worth a shot to me.
I have a dietary update for the baby shower that I will post about on Monday.

2 comments:
I didn't get a flu shot this year. My husband got one for free at work, and my son at his regular check up, so I feel reasonably safe, but really I have been lucky!
We can both have a better plan for next winter!
I'm glad you are feeling better. I'm taking my crew to get flu shots today. I shouldn't have waited this long, but I did. I just read an article this weekend that said the flu could be worse this year than usual (but don't they always say that?). Anyway, since I'll be having a baby that can't get a shot, I figure our family needs to do what we can to keep from getting it and protect the baby.
Post a Comment