January 16, 2008

God's provisions

Below you will find an edited version (for safety sakes) of an email my husband sent out Monday afternoon. I have wanted to write about everything, but we really felt the Lord didn't want that quite yet. We are REALLY excited about everything and we GREATLY appreciate all of your prayers for our family!!! Thank you.

Hello friends and family!

As most of you know our family have asked for your prayers for a few months now regarding the next step in our life. Words can not express enough gratitude for your prayers.

My current employer has been making drastic changes with the most drastic coming the week before Christmas. In turn, my resume was sent out to just about everywhere.

Over the holidays Happy Momma and I really felt the Lord was leading me to resign from my job, but Happy Momma and I both wavered as our flesh was taking over our faith. Last Sunday the 6th of January we went to church praying that the Lord would send us a sign so we would know for sure and for certain that resigning without another job was what we were supposed to do. Our sermon was on Matthew 10:29 "Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will." Over lunch we agreed that I would resign the following day. Neither of us wavered from that point on and we knew that if this was the Lords will that he would protect us and provide for us.

Some may say it was risky to quit without having another job, but we felt it was much more risky to not listen to the Lord!

Monday morning we got up and prayed again, and again we were at peace. I went to work as usual and ordered what I knew the store would need immediately and tided some things up, then I headed for the North store to meet with my boss. Happy Momma and I both agreed that I would not be giving them my two weeks notice, after nearly 6 years with the company they have done nothing courteous towards myself, and they have always looked out for themselves. I resigned effective immediately, it went great and I felt at peace the entire time. My boss hated to see me go and offered to let me stay on for another week, but I told him that God really wanted us to trust him so Monday would be my last day. I handed him the keys to the store, and went over employee evaluations so that the new incoming manager would have an idea of what he was dealing with, then I drove home to my family.

Within 20 minutes of my being home a major corporation called for a phone interview, and from there my phone never stopped ringing. I had several good interviews and one not so great one throughout the entire week we kept staying in the Word and resting in the faith that God had a plan in all of this.

The most enjoyable part was spending time with my girls, I have been working at least 80 and up to over 100 hours a week for a very long time now and I was able to be there every minute of the day for the girls which was a big blessing for each of us. Our neighbors have been the only ones to know because after day two of seeing my truck there at 8:00 in the morning and at 5:00 at night they were very concerned that something serious had happened with one of the girls since I am never home when the sun is out. Other than that we felt that we really wanted to wait until we were able to share God's blessing with everyone.

Friday I went in for an interview not knowing what exactly I was interviewing for but I was thrilled to have the interview, it turned out the position was for a Comptroller position. I left there feeling great about the interview and excited that my Accounting degree would be put to excellent use.

I can with great joy, announce that this morning (Monday) I officially received an offer from them! After lunch time all the i's were dotted and all the t's were crossed and I will begin on the 16th. We immediately came together as a family and praised the Lord for his wonderful provision! We knew God had a plan in all of us and we are so excited to see his answer to our prayers!

Thank you to those of you who called and encouraged me when I was down the most and thank you to those of you who called my wife and offered encouragement to her when she needed it the most, you each are blessings from God. Please know that each of you are in our prayers daily.

With joyous hearts,

The Happy Family

5 comments:

Brandie said...

((((hugs)))))
So happy for you. Best wishes to your dh as he starts this new job!

Tamara said...

WOWOWOWOWOOWOWWOWOWOWOOW How awesome!! I am so excited for your family and PRAISE GOD!!! Love Tam

heidi @ ggip said...

I just love stories with happy endings!

nicole said...

Praise God! Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story. I hope the new job really does become the answer to prayer. Good luck!

Overwhelmed! said...

Congrats on the new job! What's that saying, when God closes a door He opens a window. You were smart to place your trust and faith in God, knowing He would provide.

Best of luck to you!