December 03, 2007

What would you do

if there was a little terror blessing who is around 9 or 10, that constantly (as in all the neighbors are talking about it) flipped people off, yelled at people, and made faces at them and he did it to you while you were driving one day?

a)grab him by his ear and drag him to his grandmas house (where he visits frequently)and let them have it
b)wave and smile because that is the Christ like thing to do
c)slam on your breaks, tell him that isn't nice, and that you know where he lives
d)none of the above you would just ignore the situation?

I chose c, much to the horror of my husbands delight.

If hubs is home he is driving, I don't remember how I managed to drive, but I was. I turned on our street and I saw the little stinker with some of his "friends" that he has in the neighborhood. They were blocking the road which irritated me to begin with, as we drove further up the road, he did it, I saw his hands raising, the tounge coming out while the mouth was moving. All of a sudden I lost all restraint and self-control, I slammed on my breaks, rolled down the window and informed him what I thought about that type of behavior and how inappropriate it was regardless of age, I finished it off by informing him I know where he stays....the kid turned white as a ghost, and I hit the gas.

Hubs couldn't stop laughing, and Claire asked me why I "yelled" at that boy. I ranted and raved the last two driveways of my drive. Hubs told me I technically "threatened" him which in hind sight probably was a bit over the top, but I still stand by it he doesn't need to behave that way.

Hubs told another neighbor about my rant and she informed him, that it was high time someone said something because he probably never has anyone talk to him like that.

Ironically the doorbell rang about 25 minutes later and I started to sweat that it might be the grandparents. It wasn't it was just some boys wanting to look for their football in the yard.

Am I the only one that loses it sometimes?

4 comments:

heidi @ ggip said...

LOL, we have two of those types kids in my neighborhood. I have politely asked them to get down from my tree and also to get away from my yard. The one stole a yard sign from my yard (I retrieved it across the street from his house where he dumped it) and the other one made a rude remark to my child when we were passing out Halloween candy. If I knew their parents, I would definitely go talk to them.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

OH NO! You are so not alone. I've done something similar and I probably would have done the same thing in your situation. B would have been the correct choice, but 9 times out of 10 I would not have chose it.

Anonymous said...

So funny! I probably would have done what you did, THEN taken him to his grandmothers and let her deal with him.
When adults honk there horn at me, or flip me off I tend to smile and wave really big. lots of times it makes them mad, and for some reason that makes me feel better. :)

Unknown said...

fortunately or maybe unfortunately, i'm the person that stops and scolds a child for very bad behavior.