The Lord's Prayer
Every night no we say the Lord's Prayer together as a family, and Miss Claire has her own version,
Our Father who art in heaven,
Hello be thy name.......
Tonight as she prayed I thought maybe she is on to something. His name isn't hello, but we can always talk to him as though he is a dear friend, and when times are really tough and we only have the strength to say "Hello God," he still hears us.

2 comments:
I think you and she are on to something there ...
and really, when I was a child, I "misheard" it and my version was, well, a complete embarrassment to my mom as I prayer "Our Father who's heart is in heaven, Hell will be they name." Yeah, she said she had to really work on me to not say it that way for a while!
Very sweet!
Post a Comment