April 05, 2007

Misc. Information

First of all yesterday was my parenting workshop the one thing I learned?

Guess what % of a children's childhood (which includes birth-18, not counting holidays, etc) does a child spend in school (which also only counts for the 13 years they are in school not pre-school or day care)? The guesses around the group were anywhere from 70-85%, the actual answer?

9% Seriously that is all! I was shocked, however it really goes to prove that our children spend most of their time with us, and how important it is that we instill in them the things that the Lord tells us too! I was flabbergasted....

____________________________________________________________________

On another note we have decided that our dogs are incredibly interesting. J built them a dog run on the side of the house a few weeks ago so that we could "own" our back yard again, Tuesday our basset/chow (who stands maybe a foot tall) learned to jump over his 3 1/2 foot fence to get to the other side. Wednesday our mix of many breeds ate thru two pickets (we guess he was too lazy to jump) so he could break out of his dog fun. I would take pictures but my card is full of pictures from Christmas of 2005 and beyond. But the fence is incredibly funny to see and both look so proud to be free! J told them that he was going to make it even bigger and stronger this weekend, and we both agree that they gave him a look like "wanna bet".

No comments: