Imagination
Is a creative imagination wrong in a child? I know that there isn't especially in a three year old, but over the last few months people have made comments making us wonder. Our daughter can play with anything and anyone and turn it into whatever she wants. Because she doesn't get t.v. we have always hoped she would rely on herself more than others....but to listen to people you would think we were wrong. At the end of the day though I have to say we are her parents and we don't care that she has an imagination wild enough to take the cherries from Hi Ho Cherry-O and pretend to feed them to her cat (stuffed), but I wonder why so many people think it is strange.

2 comments:
You don't know me but I think you are great! Imagination is the best thing you can cultivate in a child, that is awesome! Have you read "The Read~Aloud Handbook" by Jim Trelease? It is a wonderful book and will make you want to continue the path you are on, I think you will love it...anyway, KUDOS!
I love listening to my kids play and use their imaginations.
It is completely normal and I think a sign of a well adjusted kiddo.
Post a Comment