February 03, 2007

Furious!

Okay this post I am sure is going to anger many who will either call, write, or just quit reading my blog.....but before you read remember I am entitled to my own opinion just as you are!

Gov. Perry Ordered that all girls must be vaccinated against the sexually transmitted disease that can lead to cervical cancer on Friday possibly for girls as young as 11.

First of all my husband and I were talking about this last night and we were saying how many girls out there are going to be less cautious because they are going to think "well I am okay from THIS virus" and not consider the other std's that are out there. I mean look at how flippent so many are with condoms.....well I wont get pregnant because they are safe.....and how many do wind up pregnant.

Gov. Perry is quoted as seeing "the cervical cancer vaccine is no different than the one that protects children against polio."

Biblically speaking our actions have consequences and often those consequences for those that are sexually active can be sexually transmitted diseases or pregnancy. I for one have always thought that the parents who refused to get their children vaccinated for chicken pox, or polio were wack-o's....well this family is joining that list of wack-o's. Our daughters will absoluetly not have this vaccine! I will fight it like a mad woman to see that they don't. It is our families responsibility to raise our daughter to wait until marriage, and it is our responsibility to raise our children understanding that there ARE consequences for disobedience.

On an additional side note I have to wonder what motivated Gov. Perry to pass this. After all Gov. Perry has several ties to Merck and Women in Government. One of the drug company's three lobbyists in Texas is Mike Toomey, his former chief of staff. His current chief of staff's mother-in-law, Texas Republican state Rep. Dianne White Delisi, is a state director for Women in Government. He also received $6000.00 towards his re-election campaign from Merck.


I am really disappointed right now with the great state of TX gov.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

WOW, CONSIDER YOURSELF BACKED BY A WACKO MOM IN TN. I totally agree we are giving our children the wrong impression of what is Biblical by supporting things that give the OK for sexual activity before marriage...I didn't know this cervical cancer had to do with STD's...I thought the vaccine was for prevention of a virus that you can just get...look at how well the media worked on me! Kudos to you for doing more research and thank you for doing it!

Anonymous said...

It is unfortunate that up until now you thought that people who did not think like you were "wack-os." I, too, am in complete agreement with you on this. I am continually appalled that parents will actually support the eclipse of their rights to choose the medication their children receive. We are letting the AMA and big-money drug companies choose what we put into our children instead of doing the research ourselves. Kudos to you, welcome to the wack-o club, and good luck in your continued efforts to raise great kids in a tough world!

nicole said...

I was angry as well. Especially angry that it is called a cancer vaccine, which is not accurate. If you listen closely to the commercials you hear that is "may" protect against 4 strands of HPT that "may" lead to cervical cancer. No guarantees. Further angering me is the fact that the drug has only been tested for 4 years, so they have no idea if it will affect a woman's reproductive system. We won't be getting this vaccine, not in 6th grade anyway.